Thursday, April 25, 2019

How do I rent a $60,000 car for $111 a month and why I think it’s stupid for the dealer to leave.

The rationality of renting a car is simple; you basically rent a car for a while, then stop the car when the lease expires, without any obligation [generally, if the car is clean] or further costs.

What you are doing is paying the depreciation of the vehicle during the lease. So if a car is new and worth $50,000 today, and it is expected to cost $30,000 in three years then you as a tenant basically pays the depreciation of the car for 3 years to the lessor and gets a new car Once every 3 years.

It seems simple and smart, right? Wrong, if you can raise a sum of money, I will tell you a better way to drive. It is obvious to me that my business is to raise a sum of money to pay off debts.

Therefore, the BMW M3 Roadster [Condola] is a gorgeous car, it is a driver's machine, really great. A few years ago, after a few years of very frugal life and driving a cheap car, my accountant talked to me about some money. This is very difficult for him; after all, he is the one who told me that the car is a huge waste of money.

That was 2006, I was looking for 2003-4 M3. These cars are priced at $80,000 + brand new. I always buy second hand and private; there are 3 reasons:

1] Let others pay for depreciation in previous years

2] The dealer usually lie, just tick me

3] You can usually negotiate a more favorable price with a private seller.

The M3 Cabs used in 2006 are priced from $50,000 to $60,000. In 2003, the Imola Red M3 cab was priced at $46,000. The low-lying driving really made me shine. It's cheaper than other cars, and red is a rare color on these cars; it looks great.

So I checked it and got it, I really left a deep impression on me. This is my first real experience on a premium German car. I was sold hooks, lines and sinkers.

there is a question. This is an American car. it's not a big deal? Wrong, there is a reason why this car is not sold. It scared the buyer. The owner imports it as a "fishing title", meaning it has been written off in the United States. But he had paperwork [although it looked awkward, but I confirmed] to prove that when the car in New Jersey was stolen and was written off, the vehicle later found that it had obtained a "fishing title" because the owner had paid off the insurance. the company.

In other states, salvaging the title means that the car was written off in the accident. The salvage title can no longer be sold in the United States. Therefore, most people are usually not surprised, and everything including VIN has been checked in the Carfax report. In fact, the car is flawless and the authorities are preparing to cross the Atlantic shipping box. It was sold to my seller at the insurance company's auction.

So the next step is to negotiate the final price. I know this car has been sold out for nearly 6 weeks because I am paying attention to used car advertising. This tells me that the seller is having difficulty removing the car because of its history. So I told him, "No matter what the price, when I need to get rid of it, this car is very difficult for me to uninstall", he knows it is true. I offered him $38,000. After some negotiations, we received $40,000.

I bought a car, and others sold it at a lower price for less than $60,000 or more [only 35,000 miles when I got it].

I like this car for about 36 months, put it another 30,000 miles and sell it for $36,000 [I disclosed the history to the buyer in detail], and the three-year cost depreciation of the car is only about $111/m2. . Driving high-end German cars.

A comparable used car was rented for about $900/m2, and when I bought it, the price dropped by $5,000.

This is how I like to buy a car. It's easy. Don't be afraid to check out private sellers and cheap car ads. Sometimes there is a good reason behind it. If you do some homework and dig deeper, there is nothing to worry about.




Orignal From: How do I rent a $60,000 car for $111 a month and why I think it's stupid for the dealer to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment