Monday, April 29, 2019

Jewelry as a hobby and sales

I currently only use jewelry as a hobby for myself and gifts. I tried to sell my work and found some tips in the process.

The first time I tried to sell my jewelry was in the handicrafts and farmers market, the booth fee was $75 a day. This is a loss for me because I have not sold enough to make money. When people walk, they only want to change small banknotes in their wallets or purses, including food.

Just like trying to sell cosmetics before, family and friends will spend money in the store, but if they know you, they will want to be free. I don't accept requests because the picky person wants an unreasonable task.

It seems that jewelry restoration may be a niche. With the right tools, you can charge a small fee, including changing the watch battery. This is a success in the store. If you can find a supplier, you can change the pearl.

My first frustration was to tarnish silver. There are clean silver products, but I can't spend time on hundreds of small silver beads. I have stopped using silver or gold-plated beads.

I am going to try a family party and make about 100 very beautiful silver beaded necklaces. I put them in a gift box and stored them. I have a family emergency and have not tried a family reunion. When I pulled the jewels out, I was so frustrated that they all got dark. I can't sell such items.

When I was looking at jewelry in the store, I was happy to believe that the quality of the items I made for myself was better than what I saw. Making real stone and pearl necklaces usually costs around $30. Except for glass beads, I generally don't do much clothing.

I have accumulated a beautiful jewelry wardrobe for myself. I always get praise. I did buy some of the other people's work and see if I can copy the technology I want to try. It helps to see in front of me how it was made. I can usually figure it out.

I only use large enough beads to observe and keep. I wish you good luck in making jewelry. The possibilities are endless.



Orignal From: Jewelry as a hobby and sales

No comments:

Post a Comment