Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tips on how to thrive in cross-cultural marriage

Marriage with people from other countries can be both beneficial and challenging. I was born in the United States and my wife is a Central American. This is an interesting twenty-two year. I personally learned about another culture.

Fortunately, Central America is nearby, so if she is from Asia or Africa, the United States is less mysterious. She also has a college education with amazing language skills. Although she has an accent, she speaks fluent English.

I have learned a lot about her country and culture. I have always been open to new ideas. If you have a closed mind and have many prejudices, then cross-cultural relationships will be difficult to maintain.

Some of the things I suggest are to let your partner build relationships with her or his culture. In her case, there are many people who speak Spanish. I encourage her to go out and socialize with friends. They spoke by phone, went out for a night, and even traveled together occasionally. If you don't encourage this, he or she will feel isolated. It is difficult for you to meet this need yourself. If your partner has an English problem, it is important that they are fluent in class.

One of the benefits is that when we travel to Latin America, I have my own travel guide. She understands cultural differences and language. We were very happy when we traveled to Mexico or even Spain. You can really immerse yourself in the culture and lifestyle of people who are different from you.




Orignal From: Tips on how to thrive in cross-cultural marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment